Baby showers are great opportunities to help the mother-to-be prepare for the arrival of her baby by adding some much-needed essentials to her nursery. Excited parents may have shopped in advance for the infant's needs but there can never be too many of these basic things to give the mother.
A new mom will not have a lot of free time to wash the baby's clothes. It would be great to provide any or a set of these items:
1) onesies or bodysuits - After the umbilical cord has fallen, the onesies will keep the baby snug and warm with this one-piece garment.
2) washable diapers - It's natural, environmental, and prevent a lot of rashes.
3) baby tees - Also consider giving these types of shirts with toddler sizes. These can save a lot of the parents' money when the baby grows a bit bigger in a few months.
4) baby mittens - Mittens are always useful especially in countries with cooler climates.
5) baby socks - Buy the bigger sizes. Many would probably give the infant-sized ones. The child's feet grow fast and will be needing larger ones soon.
These quick and handy tips for buying baby clothes can help you shop wisely so that your gifts will not go to waste sooner than expected.
image courtesy of Supertrooper / FreeDigitalPhotos.net